Friday, August 6, 2010

Puzzle addiction

Thursday August 5th, 2010

I dreamt of my T. Kincade puzzle lat night, puzzle pieces just floating past my eyes. I woke, "Okay, okay, I'll work on it." That's the first thing I did after eating breakfat. I took another break at 10 am to take Widdo Poopie, yes my high maintenance dog, back to the vet. His snout swelled up, AGAIN. I had tried a little Benadryl last night to see if it'd help but it didn't. My nephew came with me to the vet . I'm glad, it was hot outside and that little walk was enough to get me huffing and puffing. Thank goodness Widdo is only 5 lbs. We got more meds and after the 2nd dose of the antibiotics it seemed to have helped.

Going back to this puzzle, I had 3 more visitors yesterday and boy did they get hooked on it as well. We started getting excited as huge masses were placed together or you find that one piece that doesn't really look like it belongs there and sure enough it does. When my guests were leaving, it was hard to tear themselves away from it. Mother Hen One, one of the visitors, called saying she had lost her car keys, she even came back to look for them. I think it was a ruse to get back to working on the puzzle. No, she really did misplace them and the keys were found later, thank goodness, under the car. My plans for this puzzle, when I'm done with it is to laminate/glue/whatever it takes to keep it together, and to put the names of all those who helped with it, on the back. I took a break, my back was hurting. I went back to work on it later while watching Jersey Shore with my family. I was so tired by 10pm, that I fell asleep early. This puzzle really brought a lot of people together to work on it. It brought back some fun memories too. A nice bonding project. When our sister-in-law had dropped off her son earlier in the day, she told me that when they had left our house last night that they had stopped of @ KMart to pick up a 700 piece puzzle on the way home.

I'm glad that something so simple as a complicated puzzle can bring out so much happiness, frustration, excitement and memories amongst family and friends. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess,

    I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. Is it done yet? :) If not, I'd be more than happy to work on it w/ you again so we can move on to the next one. It is very addicting! Munching on cheese popcorn helps too :)

    Hope your pain is being alleviated. Love you girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete