Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Driving Miss Jessie

Tuesday August 10th, 2010

Today was a day spent with me niece chauffeuring me around, getting more driving time in. We started off @ the Chinese Restaurant where we've been ordering food from since we were little. I miss eating their eggrolls. Since developing shrimp allergies, ie. itchy tongue, a few years ago, I just watch the ones I love eat the things I loved eating. Sigh. I get the fried wontons instead. I showed her how to make iced tea, we ask for a huge glass of ice & pour it from the teapot. It's great on these hot summer days. By the way, this place makes a really good sweet and sour sauce with real fruit bits. YUMMM!

We then walked over to the nail salon where we both got mani-pedi's, lingo for manicures and pedicures. This couple have been taking care of me for the past few years, they know of my plight and the sweet lady always puts a smiley face on my big toes. I get lots of compliments on them and when I'm feeling "blah", I look down & they perk me up. The guy reminds me to "keep my head up" and to "hang in there".

We then headed to Target to get a rolling clothing rack so I'm not living out of a suitcase & can get to my clothes easier instead of bending down all the time and my dresses won't be hanging in the dining room. I also got the hanging shoes and clothes pockets so my shoes aren't cluttering the floor & that way no one has to create closet or drawer space for me.

We stopped off @ my pad to play with the kitties. Marie had a good time teasing them with one of their toys on a string, they became kittens again. She did that while I laid on my back to ease my back pain and shortness of breath. Some semi-reclined positions make me bring up some nasty phlegm, I get into these hacking fits but I'd rather get that crud out of me than have it sit in my lungs. It doesn't help my belly pain one bit. Am I a martyr taking all this pain? Back pain, rib pain, hacking cough, gas, etc.. I'm one big "Owie!"

After leaving there we hit Walgreens to get more ice cream, it's a staple in our home, we go through vanilla ice cream withdrawals sometimes. It went really fast the day our sister brought home the root beer, it didn't stand a chance. Even in the middle of winter were chowing down on our chilly treat. One doesn't have a nice cup of hot chocolate in 90+ degree weather, do they?

We got home and our brother was going to put my clothes rack together when he noticed a bent piece. He's like, "That's cuz it from Target." He works @ KMart. This project will have to wait a bit longer. I hate returning items. Once I leave the store with my purchase, that's it. Sometimes it's like jumping through hoops to get your return and you have to sign like 5 pieces of paper. Like my purse isn't cluttered and heavy enough. I can lose a small person in there and if anyone tried carrying it, you know how heavy it is. It's all that loose change needed for these darn meters.

I took a nap before dinner, I really don't sleep well @ night anymore, it's broken up: a) having to use the bathroom throughout the night; b) trying to find a comfortable position with my large belly; c) I get hungry sometimes & have to eat; and d) I get very hot, they said that chemo will make one pre-menopausal. Not to gross the guys out but my menses are already very minimally spotty and unpredictable and one night I had to sleep with the air conditioner AND a fan on me. Just one restless HOT and BLOATED mess. I get my most exercise @ night. Up & down, rolling this way & that, supporting the belly with a blanket, nah, it doesn't help, remove that, & hoisting my upper body off the bed/couch. I found myself growling, cursing and talking to myself, I'm becoming a crabby person, the dark circles under my eyes have only gotten darkener. So if you see me nap during the daytime, leave me ALONE. Do not disturb. I may awaken for food though.

Take care y'all, I hope you're doing better than I.

2 comments:

  1. >>I can lose a small person in there and if anyone tried carrying it, you know how heavy it is.

    Is it the same bag that Maribel commented on a while back, "Hey nice bag. Who's in there?" :)

    Seriously though, I sympathize with you Jess.

    Praying that somehow your pain gets alleviated so you can get some sleep.

    Love,
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ray, I wish I could wish my pain away.

    ReplyDelete