Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ironing board

Wednesday August 4th, 2010 Happy 40th Birthday Ray! :o)

Today started off as an interesting day. Our sister could not retract the ironing board once it was set up. I tried too, no luck. We can't have that around the house especially with little dogs. I suggested that since I never really used my ironing board, instead of buying a new one, to go & get mine. I usually grab my clothes as soon as they come out of the dryer or if they're a little wrinkled, you just pop it in for about 10 more minutes and "Wah-la!" mostly wrinkle free! Lazy bum. I didn't even bother to think of what my ironing board cover was until we got there. It's a picture of a nicely shaped muscular man laying on a sheet with only the sheet specifically placed to cover his privates. It was a house-warming gift, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :o) Anyway, my poor dad had to carry it down the street back to the car. He carried it mostly covering the picture. No I did not take a picture of him carrying it. My neighbor wanted to see me, so I stopped by briefly.

We got back to his place and we were watching our nephew. I pulled out the 1,000 piece Kincade puzzle and my nephew & niece helped me work on it throughout his stay. Later that evening, his parents came by & helped as well. It's really coming together. My niece mentioned that she has a Jacob, from Twilight, puzzle. All the ladies want to work on that one, I think it's of his face only, not of those famous abs. Boo. My cousin gave me a kitties in Western wear puzzle for my birthday with 550 pieces. That one will keep me more sane, I hope. It's really nice working on something so simple with family. We used to build them more often when we were younger, why did we stop? I had brought some board games over too, Othello and 80's trivia, still in the plastic. I know some friends that used to have game nights up until they married & started having babies. That's how we used to stimulate our minds before the internet and it's on-line games. I started getting carpal tunnel in my right arm because of computer games, you don't get that from playing chess or Monopoly. When we're done with this puzzle, I'd like to glue it so it stays intact, it's a nice memory of working on it with loved ones.

I can't wait for Friday, our cousins will be visiting, one from Indiana and his brother & his family from Florida. It's been a few years since I've seen my Florida cousin and their children. They had a new addition since I last saw them.

I shared a few good laughs regarding my bloatedness with some friends but those stories will not make it to this blog unless they input it. I also had some time to speak with the birthday boy today. Too bad one can't give spankings over the phone. 40 of them. I'll have to ask his wife to kindly deliver them.

I wore one of the house dresses that I picked up yesterday, it fit perfectly and it even came with a pocket. My sister didn't really want me to buy it but after it was washed, it grew on her.

It was great seeing my sister-in-law. She with her multiple sclerosis and I with my cancer. We're both in continuous pain in different parts of our bodies; we both get numbness or our extremities feel heavy, hers due to illness, mine due to chemo affects; we both get foggy in the brain at times, due to our illnesses, meds and treatments; I'm jealous that she's able to drive and I was recommended not to. I get the pleasure of getting short of breath. Our medications make our sugars high. I told her that we will get through the rough patches of our illnesses together and that she's not alone in suffering. I said, "Maybe we're doing our purgatory now and later on in life we can have wheelchair races". Both of us have a lot of things we're going through but we're going to do our best to give it our all through our disease processes. Neither of us asked for this. How funny, we're both nurses. Is it something in the hospital air? Ah, still trying to find a reason. We have a big family that's supporting us and not to forget it. I thank God for them everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment