Sunday, August 8, 2010

Party time

Saturday August 7th, 2010

The first stop was our friend's 40th SURPRISE party @ his house. He's the one who set up this blog. Thanks Ray. His wife used the excuse that it'd just be a family party for him & his nephew and if he could pick up his brother from Spanish class. It was funny, as the clock ticked closer to the time, she stalled him by getting plastic cups. Ray wondered why it took his brother 20 minutes to choose plastic cups @ the store. He did notice the curtains in the back room drawn but I believe he was surprised none-the-less. He had friends and relatives that he wasn't expecting and the smile on his face was priceless. Then he started analyzing the signs, "How did I miss this?" Go & enjoy the party. His wife had made a montage of pictures throughout his life, and @ the end of the montage, she showed our "Flat Rays" with words to live by. Welcome to the 40 plus club, Ray, it's not so bad, except for me.


The 2nd party was for my goddaughter & her cousin, turning 7 & 6 y/o, respectively. I had to stop @ home and catch a nap beforehand, my back was sore. We arrived in time to catch the movie, "The Diary of a Wimpy Kid", which they set up in the backyard & tied a sheet to the deck to watch it on the projector. They had a popcorn maker & all. Tons of kids having a great time and mosquitos too. I stayed inside, I'm anemic enough. It was great to see more family and some friends from high school also had made it out with their kids. I gave her gifts that I hope she'll cherish and remember me by. I gave her a Boba Fett toy, he was my favorite Star Wars character; a quilt that I think is a beautiful as she; and 2 books, one called "George and Martha", the 2 hippos are best friends, get into silly antics but they're always there for each other; and "Where the Sidewalk Ends". She was so excited when she saw that, she said it was one of her favorites. I'm happy that she has a joy of reading too. We were there 'til closing time, midnight, way past my bedtime, but I'm glad we stayed. I'm cherishing these moments, one day @ a time. Don't know if I'll ever catch up with my photos. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again Jess; that was a lot of fun.

    Lesson learned: if your brother is taking his sweet time picking out plastic cups, something is up...

    ReplyDelete