Monday, August 9, 2010

FEVER!

Monday August 9th, 2010

My sister, Judy, & I went for my repeat labs and my platelets bounced back, however, my hemoglobin went down to 9.2. I was able to get the dose of Gemzar today. I also discussed possible debulking, removing part of the tumor, with my oncologist & nurse practitioner, they both noticed how large my abdomen has gotten. I was given the referral.

I did receive Gemzar today. While waiting for it & receiving it, we watched "The Empire Strikes Back" and shared a ham sandwich on a croissant. We got home and I felt a little achy, which normally happens during my chemo sessions, I feel warm, then the "fever" breaks, & I sweat all over the chair. So I laid down and fell asleep on the couch. I woke around 8:30 pm and still felt the same way. I checked my temp and it was 103.2 I was told if I spiked a fever to call the on-call oncologist. He recommended that I take a Tylenol, which I did, 500 mg. I also showered to see if that'd help. After my shower I started sweating and the doctor had called me back. He said to come in if anything gets worse. He also said that Gemzar is known to create fevers that don't have to do with an infection. By then my temp went down to 101.6. The latest was 99.4 about 30 minutes ago. I hope the rest of the night goes by smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment