Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hair dilemmas

So far 3 hair problems I've come across:
1) Since getting this portacath placed in the R side of my neck & chest, I've had some pain to the area and realized it hurt to raise my R arm. Unfortunately hair grows in my kili-kili (is that the correct spelling for armpit in Tagalog?) A) Do I let it grow on the one side & start a new trend, B) lift it the best I can & try to shave it or C) Wait for the chemo & pray it falls out?

2) Now I have to sponge bathe (don't get any ideas you naughty-minded people) to keep the area dry for the next several days and it's painful to bend over since my lovely growth is right below my ribcage & then some. It's also painful when I hyperextend my neck back which I found out the hard way watching aerial fireworks on the 4th of July. "OOOh pretty...OUCH!" Jenny & I worked it out where I bent over the basement sink & she was able to wash it for me. My big hair had gnarles in it which she was able to get out. I muddled through the pain & SOB (shortness of breath, not Son of B----) to get it done. I also had to hold a washcloth over the catheter site so it wouldn't get wet. I had thought about going to a salon but then they'd hyperextend my neck back into the sink.

3) Now I've got these stubbly leg hairs and again, bending over is a chore. A) Do I hire someone to shave them, B) do the best I can to continue doing this myself, C) let em grow, braid them & see if the chemo will take care of that for me.

My luck the chemo will take the hair on my head & eye brows but will keep the pit & leg hairs growing. :o)

2 comments:

  1. Jess, if you wouldn't find it too weird, I will shave you, if you want. Think of it as a whole new opportunity for bonding! We could make an afternoon of it--order food, put on some good music, gossip, whatever. Or, if you don't like that, we could go have our legs & underarms waxed. I get my lip & chin done every few weeks (yes, I'm old and hairy, so what?) at a place at Cicero and Devon, in the same strip mall as East of Edens. Never had them do anything else, but I'm game.
    Let me know what you think!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. let it grow girl!!! be a hippie!

    ReplyDelete