Thursday, July 15, 2010

Driving instructor

Wednesday July 14, 2010

I was having a pretty decent day, some lower rib/abdominal pain and some shortness of breath but enough energy to shower in the early afternoon. My niece is learning how to drive and needs practice. She was also going through a rough day due to boyfriend issues. I decided to get her & myself out the house for a while.
My car is 12 years old & I had warned her how the brakes need more pressure to stop, she adjusted the mirrors & seat, & I placed my seatbelt, lap band only, because I have pain in my right portacath area.
Our first stop was McDonald's drive thru. Me being the half-Asian auntie with a camera, I got several pictures of her at the different windows and finally with our bounty, a hot fudge sundae & a hot caramel sundae, no nuts. She parked and she was able to open up to me. We had a nice talk and she stated that she appreciated me taking her, it took her mind off her problems.
We were able to get to my house & she backed into my garage, something even her mom said she hasn't done yet.
We played with the cats and again they were biting her and I. I miss those babies, if only my family wasn't allergic to them.
We made a stop @ the Walgreen's where my sister works at. It was nice to see her coworkers, especially the ones that keep me company while I do my pictures @ the kiosk. I told them that I have to have a date with the photo kiosk soon. I told them how Cathy used to help take care of us younger ones back in the day and here she is, doing it again. They told me to hang in there, kiddo.
On the way back to my dad's we might have gotten a ticket. We were @ the intersection, the light was greenish-yellow when my niece crept into the intersection, but lo' and behold, the traffic ahead of us stopped and the light turned red with us stuck in there. Oh well. I was on my phone but not driving and not wearing the seatbelt the way I should and since she's on a permit, it'd come to me. There's a first for everything.
We made it to dad's safely and she was able to park my bird poop covered car in front of the house. There's so many trees in the neighborhood, it makes the hood look pretty but the cars suffer. It keeps dad busy, the slightest smudge of white/black avian feces and he's out there with the Windex & papertowel.
It was a pretty decent day. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment