Sunday, July 11, 2010

A good day

Saturday July 10th, 2010
I had a good day, I had more energy, still the anti-nausea meds were working, the pain wasn't so bad and & I could breathe easier without coughing. I believe that's my new rating system for a good vs. a bad day.
My brother Paul, sister, Jenny, niece, Marie & I went to visit our mom's cousins in Gary, Indiana, who have a home on the beachfront. We went to celebrate several family member's birthdays & to see the Gary Air Show from their yard. Just a few small sand dunes away walking distance to the beach. If I didn't have this growth in me & if I were in better shape to begin with, I'm sure the trek wouldn't have been so tough. Jenny & I did take breaks on our journey to use them as photo opportunities, "Look @ the pretty path! Smile!" I'm glad I went with her, when we started, I saw a bigger sand dune & suggested we go up it. She used her better judgement not to, if we did, we'd have a lot shorter excursion.
The fresh air, it's gotta be a little fresher than Chicago, feeling the sun on my skin, mixed with the cool breeze, standing in the waters of Lake Michigan, walking through the soft sand, having the roaring planes zoom overhead, so loud you can't even hear yourself scream from the excitement was amazing. The most special moments were sharing it with family and their friends. We shared smiles, tears, hugs, laughter, tons of good food, funny moments when one little girl sneezed all over the birthday cake, watching all the kids run around making sand designs or having one child get watermelon all over himself then rinse it off in the inflatable slide/pool.
When we left I was feeling good. I had planned on going to the Irishfest with my family when we got home but when we got home a nap seemed like a good thing. Too much fresh air & this baby gets tired. A few more phone calls & I had zonked out on the couch with my little doggies. Thank you God for a beautiful moment shared with loved ones. :o)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jessie,
    I'm glad to hear that you had a wonderful and special time with your family. Kelly & I are here if you need anything :-). With all our love ! Dan & Kelly Vo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend with Family and friends.

    In our 20s, "walks" never seemed like a cool thing, unless you had a destination; like "I'm walking to the Coffee shop to get my caffeine and nicotene, because my car broke down, dammit."

    But now, walks are a 40 year old's version of "cruising" - travelling on foot, just for the hell of it.

    ...And nobody calls it a "stroll". I think you'd get pantsed for using that word.

    Mia, Sophia and I "cruised" today around the park, stroller and all, looking at other houses, getting ideas of what to do next to the house.

    ReplyDelete