Friday, June 25, 2010

Visit to the Mayo clinic

Jessie left for Mayo Clinic Sunday evening 6/20 to see a doctor Monday morning 6/21.

I received a text message from her Tuesday 6/22.

"Mayo oncologist recommended the combo chemo ASAP.

Their most aggressive female surgeon won't touch me.

We asked about Therasphere and chemo embolization but he said there's not enough data."

The goal right now is to see if the treatment can be done at home in Chicago, so she doesn't have to spend time away from her friends and family.

I understand that surgery is not an option for her either.

The cancer is unfortunately not on an organ that can be transplanted - it's a conduit between liver and small intestine I think...(sorry I'm not a doctor or nurse).

But it doesn't take an Einstein to figure that if you cut out a conduit between organs, your asking for trouble.

When it rains it pours.




No comments:

Post a Comment